RE: Need art activity for staff meeting!

---------

From: Patricia Banas (pbanas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 05:07:18 PST

Ok..maybe you have heard this one.....but it is one I like for adults and
kids....Put everyone into small groups...give them a bag of "stuff" (
straws, paper, masking tape) and tell them their task is to construct a
tower...without talking...nonverbal communication only...and the tallest
standing tower wins...or maybe an award for the "most creative".....whatever
you wish....It is a little corny...but definitely fun and a good team
builder.... When we did it at my school- I communicated in ways I didn't
know possible...with teachers...I had barely communicated verbally with in
the past due to conflicting schedules in a big school...since then...I have
some common bond with these teachers...and we still laugh about it...but it
certainly brought us together....
Patty