Re: exchange teacher program?

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 04:31:08 PST

I would contact any local colleges and and any university nearby. A couple of years ago I had a couple who were teachers from japan come and observe and teach at my school and it came through a university. That would help to ensure that she was placed in a progressive environment also.
Jancy
 Daniela <brendanian@comcast.net> wrote:Hi everyone!
I just had an idea but don't really know how to get it to work, so I am
hoping that some of you have already had an experience like that and could
help me think through this process...

My Step Mom will be coming to visit here from Brazil. She teaches Art and
Math at a Private Catholic school in the city of Campinas - Sao paulo
State. She'll be here for about 3 months helping me out with my kids (2
1/2 and 1 1/2) And in return I'll be giving her english lessons. Her
comprehension in english is not bad, but she needs to work her
conversation.
The reason I am telling you all that is that I just thought it would be
interesting for her if she could have the opportunity to have some type of
an internship in an American school from my area (Germantown, MD) and
maybe have a teacher from this school go to her school down in Brazil as a
knowledge exchange program or something of that sort...

However, I don't know even how to start looking for something like that. I
haven't taught in schools here in the US yet, so I wouldn't even know who
to contact in the schools. I don't know if the schools would even allow
something like that... I truly believe it would be a very enriching
opportunity for both schools and teachers...

What are your thoughts on that? She'll be coming here in February 2003. Do
you think I have enough time?

Thanks as always for your help.
you've been wonderful everytime I needed all of you

Daniela