behavior problems/freshman boys

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 20:31:28 PST

Leaves

hi all,
does anyone else have freshman boys?
i have 18 of the most immature ones i have ever had in the same class. one kid today, after constant reminders, call home, referral to office, etc. still talked 40 min. of a 45 min. period. then they are shocked when they earn a low grade! i am at my wits end and refuse to make another seating chart. for pete's sake! they are taller than i am and this is high school. they need to learn
how to behave where they are. i have tried the putting all the ones that won't learn at one table and that makes a table of enemies for the rest of the year. these are kids that like to only draw anime characters (copied not original) and were put in this pre magnet class (accelerated, academic approach to prepare for a p studio. they have been angry since august when they found out what the class was and that they could not get a schedule change. the counselors just say "they had to go somewhere" as they have said the past 9 years. i am so frustrated! mega-argh!
nancy gail in texas

aleabanr.gif
Leaves_Bkgrd.jpg