Re: Suggestions for handing behavior problems?

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 18:47:52 PST

Great ideas for rewards! My idea has always been that getting to create art
was its own reward, but adding incentives like getting to use "special"
materials makes it more attractive to the students. It's perfect, they are
doing what you want them to do (creating art) and they are feeling like they
earned it as a reward. Thanks for sharing.

My school's music teacher uses the point system you speak of, but as a
reward they get "choice day" where they can do a number of fun, musically
related activites, like karaoke. I'm not very successful with keeping track
of points, but it sounds like a good system.

Leah