Re: quote rewritten :)

---------

KSchiavo00_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 16:20:34 PST

In a message dated 11/04/2002 6:36:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Mrsbeeswax@aol.com writes:

> Showing someone how, can mean leading them in the right direction.
> You can show a student how to shade by modeling, you don't have to draw
> on their paper.
>
> I would hope teachers aren't doing the work for their students.
> My students do look to me to "show them how".
> to hold scissors
> to draw perspective

Just a note- I buy a roll (3 rolls per year) of 12" tracing paper that I
overlay on students paper. I then "correct" their problem areas on the
tracing. I tear off and leave with student. They must correct their work
but are forced to do it on their own. I picked this up from my professors in
college-worked awesome. Kids are always mad I didn't "fix" their picture but
somehow their picture is miraculously corrected by the time it is turned in!
Kathy in Kalamazoo

---