Middle School Clay Projects

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 15:41:27 PST

Kara, one project that I have done successfully with my 7th graders is to
have them make two pinch pots the same size. Make some small balls of clay,
loosely wrap in paper towels and place in one pot. Join the two pots
together to make a sphere. Put a hole in it. Now have them create an animal
out of their sphere - the legs can be underneath or splayed out. They love
these and they're always successful.
~Michal

> This is my first year teaching Middle School. I have great 7th grade
classes which are very small and filled with students who are very eager to
learn and create. I am ready to start them on some clay projects, but
unfortunately I myself have very little experience with clay. I can teach
the basics, but am not very creative when it comes to thinking of ideas that
will interest and challenge my students three-dimensionally. Any help would
be greatly appreciated!
> Kara in Northport

---