Re: Help / Lost Pics ?????

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 08:03:41 PST

check to make sure the disks you buy are already formatted...most of
them are nowadays...the camera doesn't need the disk to be formatted
before storing the image... the formatting is so the computer can read
and decypher the information

>>> wduncan@kc.rr.com 11/02/02 06:53AM >>>
My students and I are shooting pics with a Sony Mavica FD 200.
Recently several floppy discs will not read. Sometimes it says
"Disc not Formatted" after we shoot 1 or two pics. I have three
discs sitting here full of pics that seemed ok until we put them
into the computer. Not we get the message "Disc not Formatted".
I may have gotten a bad batch of 100 discs. We are going to start
formatting the discs (in the camera) from now on. Or, I may just
have a student sit at a computer and format the whole lot.

This is very frustrating, and of course it's always the important
pictures that are lost. This e-mail is both a warning and a plea for
assistance in case someone has a solution or knows how to recover
our lost pics. Why would the camera take the disc and let me shoot
the entire disc if it wasn't formatted correctly in the first place ?
Could something be happening after we shoot the pictures ?

                                Frustrated, Woody in KC

--
of your artwork that soars."              from: "Art & Fear"
This one soars: