Re: Suggestions for handing behavior problems?

---------

From: Laura Carey (Laursink_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 06:55:24 PST

Here is a new idea. I have tried it with one class and was amazed at the
outcome. I simply put the "bad" kids to gether at one table. And explain
that they are the ones who continually are disruptive...so this is where
they will sit and work until they can be more cooperative.
The group all looked at one another, and their response? I am not as bad
as he/she is, etc. I was amazed at the response, and the improvement in
behavior. Now, this is not for everyone, but I was so tired of this class
not behaving and punishing the others who wanted to be there...I gave it a
shot. I do have one particular student who will not cooperate, loves the
bad attention, and will only work when I do seperate him and move him to
my hallway. I have a table and chair set up...(I usually use it for a
small time out, but when the situation arises, I use it for those who
cannot focus)
If your class is horrendous and you want them to work...give it a try. I
was totally amazed!

---