Re: Would I be out of line - Kimberly

---------

From: Sandy (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 17:15:01 PST

Kimberly,

I think you have thought out your plan very thoroughly. I don't know how the
art teacher could object. Is she aware of your art background? I would think
that this would be a wonderful connection for both of you when it comes to
planning curriculum.

Is she realtively new? I think if she is going to "be in charge," she has to
be the one to call parents, set up alternatives, behavior plans, etc. You may
want to help her here if she is new, but what you have done already -- just
observing her -- was a very nice thing for your to do. You suggestions go
above and beyond the call of duty; the kind of help and feedback we art
teachers wish all classroom teachers would give. You did a good thing, here,
Kimberly.

Sandy

Kimberly Herbert wrote:

> I am going to:
> 1. Make sure she knows were I am so she can have the office beep me if
> there is trouble.
>
> 2. Keep encouraging the students to express themselves with art
>
> 3. Let her know what we are studying in the classroom so she can make
> connections. (she has asked for that information)
>
> 4. Take 5th grade to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
>
> 5. I will work on their perfectionism.

---