Re: Elements and Principles of design videos

---------

From: wjb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 12:43:26 PST

>> videos Elements of
>> Design and Principles of Design by Crystal Productions would be
>> suitable for
>> middle school but would not be for high school.
>
> Why would you say these videos are not appropriate for a high school
> foundation class? It would be great to have a basic video to show at
> the beginning of the year.

I've used these videos with low level HS foundation classes. they worked
beautifully for me. Kids were focused on the short clips. I repeated the
parts native to each principle as I went through the course curriculum.
the videos also have visual design posters which Imounted on the wall. I
also used a pointer and those visuals as intros to the criteria for each
lesson so kids could see the correlation between Art Making and the
element or principle the we were emphasizing. I have another set of
videos on the Elements and Principles by Educational Video Network.These
are only 20 min each and give a brief overview of each Element and
Principal. I did not find them as effective as the Crystal Videos. If
anyone would like these e-mail me privately.They are mine-not school
stuff.
Gelato

---