Re: quote rewritten :)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 07:27:28 PST

"Those who can, do
Those who can't,
look to teachers to show them how !!!"

Perhaps:

"But, the best teachers just point in the proper direction
and say, 'you can do it if you just try to figure it out'."

I have little patience for the student who says, " I don't
know how to do it. Show me how to do it teacher."
We need to limit our instruction to show them the way,
but not how to do it. Discovering just the right amount of
instruction, and no more, is the secret. Our task is to find
the middle ground between Art as Experience and Art as
a Recipe.
                                        Woody in KC

--
This one soars: