Mehtods- Developing art & function Unit

---------

From: Nancy Viola (nviola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 20:49:20 PST

I am currently in Methods, this is secondary. We are developing a
collaborative unit with the theme,art in the everyday, or form &
function.Basically we are trying to demonstrate that art is not removed
from daily life but is intertwined with it. To heighten student awareness
that they are arded with visual imagery constantly, and that many
everyday things are art. A pen, a chair, a cup. But which ones and why?
Visual discrimination if you will. My contribution to the unit will have
something to do with text, we have pottery and weaving covered. I am
struggling with how to present art & text. Any suggestions? definitely
open to seasoned experience.Or drop text. There are so many things, but
what is practical cost and material wise in the classroom setting?

nancy v.

---