Re: Ceramic cone question

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 18:16:35 PST

Try vaccumming around the coils to remove dust and small debris first.
Use the vaccuum extension with the furniture brush connection. I found
this works incredibly. Also, if you are preheating your clay to dry out
clay, this method can cause your coils to rust quicker than usual.
Allow your clay to dry to the touch.

I hope this helps,

Ricardo

>>> DaynaB62@aol.com 11/02/02 12:41PM >>>
Hello to the kiln gods & goddesses--

My Paragon kiln hasn't been firing to temperature for the last few
firings. The cone has not drooped -- and the last time, the bisque was
decidedly grayish in color instead of white. What could be the reasons
(besides the elements being faulty or wearing out) ??? Could a cold
room with windows open for a few hours during firing prevent the temp
from getting high enough? Could it take longer for the temp to be
reached?

I just noticed I have peep hole plugs but have never used them. Under
what circumstances should I be using them?? I am firing to 06 for
elementary school pieces. ---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu

---