Re: help photo teachers

---------

From: Joe Applebaum (Joe.Applebaum_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 07:57:53 PST

A few things; you can tell if it's an exposure problem or a developing
problem by looking at the negs. If it's a developing problem the numbers
and writing on the negative will also be gray, if they are black, then
it's an exposure problem. A 4 or 5 filter with multi-grade RC paper will
help, use a smaller aperture, if you can get a 10 - 20 second exposure it
can work ok. They may not be negs worth saving. I have a lesson that
can also make sure your students get some good negs. I also have a lesson
that shows them how the filters work. You might want to go to the Ilford
Teachers lounge for help, it's like this page but it's all about photo
teachers. I will try to send you some info, if you don't get it soon, let
me know.

Hello,
I'm team teaching a 9th grade photo course but the experienced mentor
teacher
is never there. I took photo 1st year undergrad and that was over 20 years
ago. I could use some help.
My students are up to the point of making prints, but most of them have
thin negs that produce dark contacts and mostly gray images. NOt sure if
that's the situation that they shot them or poor neg developing. In any
case
we have contrast filters, but I'm not sure if they can save these gray
negs.

---