Help / Lost Pics ?????

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 03:53:54 PST

My students and I are shooting pics with a Sony Mavica FD 200.
Recently several floppy discs will not read. Sometimes it says
"Disc not Formatted" after we shoot 1 or two pics. I have three
discs sitting here full of pics that seemed ok until we put them
into the computer. Not we get the message "Disc not Formatted".
I may have gotten a bad batch of 100 discs. We are going to start
formatting the discs (in the camera) from now on. Or, I may just
have a student sit at a computer and format the whole lot.

This is very frustrating, and of course it's always the important
pictures that are lost. This e-mail is both a warning and a plea for
assistance in case someone has a solution or knows how to recover
our lost pics. Why would the camera take the disc and let me shoot
the entire disc if it wasn't formatted correctly in the first place ?
Could something be happening after we shoot the pictures ?

                                Frustrated, Woody in KC

--
This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: