Re: People not understanding the stress and strains of teaching

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 14:26:54 PST

I so agree!!!!!!!!! We have a career day where community member are supposed to come in and share with our students, "teach" them about their field or do a workshop. They have no concept of staying every night till 5:30 as I've done for the last 2 weeks. The papers to grade. The extent that you have to write sub notes so that you can be gone for one day to get professional development at a conference, etc.
One student did write me a note that said thank you for all of the extra tutoring- those things make it all worth it.
jancy