Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Bicycle Inner Tube Bracelet

From: dzinn (dzinn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 08:39:45 PST

Hi all,

As got several requests, am posting this to whole group. Click on link
above to see scan & directions. Download for sharing and/or future

Idea from Lisbeth Nordskov, Jewellery Designer & Maker, Copenhagen,
Denmark, 2002 (Rubber Jewellery - Gummismykker)-- see website above.

Happy to answer questions.

Someone asked if the bracelets are smelly or smell strongly of rubber.
Not to me -- but try it yourself & see what you think.

Good example of art & recycling.

Also, someone told me that inner tubes now come in different colors. I
haven't been able to get any used ones from my local bike shops, but if
you live in a larger town??? If anyone does find a supply of used
colored ones, I'd love to have one each of a variety of colors, if
enough to share.

Contact me privately.

Deb of Colorado