Re: People not understanding the stress and strains of teaching

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 07:09:37 PST

    Yeah, but substitute teachers are not expected to make the lesson plans
and preparations, sit at endless staff/committee meetings, do the grade
cards, hang exhibits, load/unload the kiln, etc., on and on and on before
and after the regular school day! When they go home, the substitutes are
free of the school day to day nitty gritty piles of papers and
responsibilities.
    You, my artsednet buddies are the Best! Think positive for you and for
your students. Don't waste your precious energy fighting the ignorami of
the education world. Alas, they will always be with us. Smile and go your
way. Your students will love you for it.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
            Art teacher K-5, retired, survivor of 35 years in public
            education...been there, done that, folks.

job description to
> substitute teach 1 day a month just to give them a reality check.

---