Re: People not understanding the stress and strains of teaching

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 06:53:07 PST

I know what you mean. ANYONE can do a dog-and-pony show for a day and
keep the kiddies entertained, maybe even teach them something, but
that's why I challenge detractors to spend a week following me around
(and no, they wouldn't get to sit in the back; if I'm on my feet, they
would be on their feet). If anyone takes me up on this, I hope it's a
week when I have lunch duty, an after-school something to chaperone, and
a brain-deadening inservice on Friday afternoon. ;)

Maggie

Wizzlewolf@aol.com wrote:

> For example,
> "The Great American Teach-In" allows individuals to come in and "teach" for
> the day. That is NOT what our days are like at all. It is irksome to hear
> some of the "Teach-In" visitors make comments about how they "TAUGHT" and it
> was so nice.
> Yeah right.
> wiz

---