Re: no art for my school & tech question

---------

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 20:56:07 PST

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Judy Decker wrote:
>I now have removed all art from the WCOIL server

I'm not sure I understand all the reasons why this had to happen, but your
site was definitely a gem and will be sorely missed.

As a matter of fact, when I attended the ECIS conference in the Hague,
another art teacher (from Germany) asked about web sites for art education
and ideas. Hey -- have I got a site for you!!! -- and proceeded to tell
him about the ArtsEd group. He really didn't want to be on 'list' (his
loss), so then I forwarded some of the fantastic sites you all have
(Judy's, Woody's, Bunki's, Harold's, Ken's, Carolyn's -- just to name a
few). Just spreading the word about all the great stuff this group does :)

BTW, Judy, thank you for your reply to my inquiry about "how you do it". I
asked Judy how she does all the Internet / Power Point presentations. I
have only one computer and no access to a computer lab (as the computer
person has her own classes at the same time). I would love to use more
technology in my classroom,(expose my kids to more art images / history,
etc.), as well as do some art lessons using the computer.

So I'll throw out my question to the list: How do some of you work out the
logistics of getting computer time for your classes or get your classes
using the computer? (I've done one project with my ninth graders, using
PhotoShop, but it took forever).

Cheryl

---