Source for grants

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 14:39:29 PST

For those of you contemplating writing grant proposals, here's a good
place to start: if you have a Target Store in your community, they have
an Arts in Education grant ($1000 - $5000) for schools that propose
substantial programs to either bring art to kids or take kids to art.
Programs that further incorporate family involvement are given higher
priority.

Another thing Target has is a Charitable Fund Request. These are for
smaller requests up to about $50, sometimes as much as $100. It's
almost "an ask and ye shall receive" sort of fund.

Here's the Target website that provides guidelines:
http://www.target.com/target_group/community/community_main.jhtml

I recently applied for the Target Arts in Education grant. The human
resources manager at our local Super Target was very helpful and the
grant proposal itself was fairly easy to write (about 4 pages total).

On the Target website you'll also find a link to the Tiger Wood
Foundation that has another grant program as well as a mentorship sort
of scholarship program.

Pam

---