Constructivism Links

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 05:50:56 PST

Constructivism is a term I was exposed in my Kancrn "Internet in Instruction"
class two years ago. A good explanation can be found at:
        http://www.sedl.org/pubs/sedletter/v09n03/practice.html
There is information on the topic on the Kancrn web site.
        http://kangis.org/ed_docs/gisNed1.cfm
        http://www.gisdevelopment.net/education/papers/edpa0003.htm
        http://spatialnews.geocomm.com/features/historygisedu/edu1.html
        http://kangis.org/ed_docs/gisNinq.cfm
        http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/northwest/brjeffe/Constructivism.HTM
This topic has come up before on ArtsEdNet:
        http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/Feb00/1611.html
I hope this is of some help, Woody in KC

As a method of instruction, inquiry draws upon an epistemological
learning theory
referred to as Constructivism. In it's most reduced form, Constructivism
is interpreted
in the field of education as a class of learning methods, where students
construct their own knowledge, with the aid of a teacher-mentor and
resource rich environment.

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com