Good morning! American Artists....

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 03:39:08 PST

Well it is Fabulous Friday!

It has been a "trying week"..... Evaluations/observations are always that
way for me. My administrators have been doing some new evaluation
techniques and I really don't quite know what I think about them.... I told
you what happened last year (groan)....
Now they have this new idea to interview students after the observation to
see what they learned. I was fortunate that he picked one LD student who
has a lot of respect for me and a problem student who hasn't caused any
problems for me yet (this year).
Anyway ...I thanked him for the fun way to start my review on Thursday. The
students liked being able to tell what they knew about the assignment. They
couldn't remember why we were doing the Betty Edwards style upside down
drawing (an assessment tool I use) --a drawing on the right side of the
brain exercise (I sent him email that the other students in class
remembered ---smile). Anyway...it just baffled me a bit that the students
were now involved in the evaluation process.

Well....back to American Artists....We are doing portraits of our
"heroes" -- inspired by the work of Andy Warhol and Peter Max...

Thanks goes to Mary Ann for bringing up this topic. I haven't saved all of
the ideas (was just too busy) -- but will go back and pick them up from the
archives over the weekend:
http://lists.getty.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=artsednet&text_mode=0

Any time I miss a post -- I do a quickie search and immediately find it. I
thought now would be a good time to post this feature of Getty ArtsEdNet
since so many asked for Brenda to repost her cut paper portrait (which I
will be showing my students before we start painting BTW ---- I want my
kids to see the subjective use of color in her students' portraits).

Talk to you later (I discovered a GREAT discipline technique yesterday --
will share later),

Judy Decker

---