RE: Kilns...

---------

From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy (RebeccaStoneDanahy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 10:06:05 PST

Mica powder would be a derivative from the mica rock which is actually a
form of quartz. That would make the powder a silica base and would be very
hard on your lungs if breathed in without protection. There is a disease
called silicosis which can result from prolonged exposure to the dust and is
much like the disease caused by exposure to asbestos.

What are you using the mica powder for?

Becky in NC