RE: Inexpensive paint for a wood project...

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 09:19:04 PST

Jenna,
I buy quarts of house paint - sometimes I can get it on sale and end up
with 15 or so for $90 (to me that's pretty cheap - what is the cost of the
wood frames?) - and there are people on the list that frequent the 'second'
counters at Home Depot or Lowes where you can find it for $1 or so. The
only thing I add to the latex paint selection is craft paint in red - the
small bottles from craft stores - I have never found a wall paint bright
enough.
I pour it in to dishwashing liquid bottles; empty water bottles, honey
bears, mustard and ketchup - whatever I have -

Ellen

> I have a question regarding painting on wood. (particularly unfinished
> wood
> frames) I know that acrylic is probably the medium of choice, however is
> there a less expensive paint out there (or a source for larger quantities
> of
> acrylic paint) that might also work?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Jenna Freck