Re: 3-D Modeling Program

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 16:40:16 PST

I have not personally worked with Truespace. Other 3D programs are
Carrara(formally called Ray Dream Studo) and Rhino 3D. If you have money to
burn, the professional standard is 3D Studio Max.

You can compare examples by looking at the following galleries:
Truespace: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Sectionid=13
Carrara: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Sectionid=6
Rhino: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Sectionid=12
3D Studio Max: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Sectionid=9

Truespace: $269
Carrara: $189
Rhino: $164 (only one I found with a site license: $817--kind of interesting
that you can get a site license for Rhino cheaper than one copy of 3D Studio
Max)
3D Studio Max: $849

3D Studio Max has very specific computer requirements, so if you consider
it, be sure to check them out first.

The one with the most positive user feedback seems to be Rhino, as everybody
comments on its easy learning curve.

Good luck, hope this helps...

Donald Peters
Lubbock, Texas