Re: Kiln Shopping...advice?

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 03:54:55 PST

In a message dated 11/28/2001 9:37:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cwise@remc7.k12.mi.us writes:

> I have a very deep kiln, but I am too short to load it. As a result, I
> often leave two shelves in the bottom and never use its full capacity. If
> you are 5'2' as am I, one of the shorter oval kiln might be the ticket.
> Christa

Before I decided on my front loading Paragon Dragon I was on the verge of
ordering an Amaco. The brand new model is a low rectangular shape! (Judy,
which one is that?) It had a great capacity, too. It was actually a
similiar price to the Paragon Dragon. I went with the dragon because I
wanted the convenience of a front loader. For us petite ones (5'1'') the
deep ones just don't work No one other company can match the price of this
front loader. Boy, and you should see it- It looks like a commercial kiln
(in size and heaviness) at school kiln prices! If you are interested let me
know and I will give you the company's 800 #. Only two companies in my area,
Ceramic Supply of New York and New Jersey and Sheffield Pottery in Mass.,
handle the kiln. Sheffield gave me a lower price- about $4,000, including
venting and kiln furniture. If you decide on an Amaco or a Skutt contact
Judy Nagel at Sax for the best prices- she'll treat you like family!
Susan on Long Island

---