Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: 60 Minutes...GAG!

Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 18:18:27 PST

In a message dated 11/28/01 11:00:18 AM Central Standard Time, writes:

<< That they might be
> open, if given the chance, to education about art from their local school
> art teachers. And, they might be open to purchasing art from those
> teachers. >>

But they are also like cattle and will follow the herd leader and if that
likes sugary syruppy art instead of something that has been "given birth"
something that shows a struggle - a problem that has been solved - they will
ignore the really good art for the easily digestible. Like fast food - you
drive through
order - eat and not have to give it any thought. So as long as the McDonalds
mentality persists we art teachers will have to continue to educate and
educate the
public - Here I am preaching to the choir - sorry Roberta