Re: 60 Minutes...GAG!

---------

Rdunkelart_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 18:18:27 PST

In a message dated 11/28/01 11:00:18 AM Central Standard Time,
K2flames2@aol.com writes:

<< That they might be
> open, if given the chance, to education about art from their local school
> art teachers. And, they might be open to purchasing art from those
> teachers. >>

But they are also like cattle and will follow the herd leader and if that
leader
likes sugary syruppy art instead of something that has been "given birth"
something that shows a struggle - a problem that has been solved - they will
ignore the really good art for the easily digestible. Like fast food - you
drive through
order - eat and not have to give it any thought. So as long as the McDonalds
mentality persists we art teachers will have to continue to educate and
educate the
public - Here I am preaching to the choir - sorry Roberta

---