gifts 3rd grade can make??

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 17:33:27 PST

One of my third grade teachers asked me for suggestions on what her kids can
make as gifts for parents/ family. I drew a total blank and said I'd get back
to her. Anybody got ideas? I guess I should try and find ideas that can be
made out of the typical school supplies she would have. . . I just don't know.
I'm imagining there is a useful gift they could make, and I was sort of
thinking about the placemats and woven pot holders I made as a kid, but I'm not
sure how many kid's families do sit down dinners with placemats these days-
what with microwaves and take out, those items may be a little dated.

Thanks for any input!
Susan

---