Re: Kilns...

---------

From: Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 07:18:57 PST

We use a 1227 skutt. I have to lean over to load it and it is difficult to
reach the bottom. I have had great success with the firings though. It
requires less space than some front loading kilns.

Mica powder is like silica. The shape of the crystal is different so when
it is added into clay, the clay should "sparkle" at low temperatures.

-Numo

---