my cut paper lesson begins

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 20:10:30 PST

My students started on my version of the cut paper portraits today.
I going to post our progress as we proceed:
        http://www.taospaint.com/CutPaperPortraits.html
As I said earlier, I think I'm cheating enough just using the Photoshop
software to find the edges of values for my students. So today they
laboriously began to draw those areas while looking at the photo.
Tomorrow I will use a xerox machine to make several copies of their
drawings. They will cut up the copies of their drawing to make templates
for the various colors/values of paper we have in stock. I did pick up
some multicultural construction paper to use as well. I hope they have
courage to use various colors as well. As was said earlier, It's the value
that matters not the color.

Brenda,
        I've lost the URL to your kids work. Please send it again so I can make
a link to it on my web site. You should get credit for getting us
started
on this. It's not often that I jump right in without testing it out first.
Let me know if anyone out there is also trying this sort of lesson.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com