Alternatives to classroom teaching

---------

From: Neal Rosenblum (nrose757_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 18:06:12 PST

I am a 2nd grade classroom teacher who has used so much of your
marvelous ideas in the classroom to teach science, and writing, etc.
Yet, now with standards and getting the children ready for testing in 3rd
grade, I have been asked to push aside all of the creativity, art, drama,
and storytelling in my teaching.

Does anyone have any ideas where an elementary classroom teacher with
such a penchant for the
arts and creativity (with 11 years of teaching behind him) can goin a
career move? Can begin looking for ideas?

Thanks,
Neal in Boulder,CO

---