Re: 60 Minutes...GAG!

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 15:52:45 PST

Kinkade's work don't seem like they'd be open to what I would consider good
art. They like that sugary sweet nothingness. I'm sure many of us have
different opinions as to what is "good." My problem with Kinkade, is the
formula, the lack of originality, and the fact that it is made purely for
profit instead of expression. Once again, though, that comes from my
definition of the purpose of art. One could argue that the main purpose of
art is decoration. It goes on and on. It reminds me of a local potter who
now makes lots of money mass producing his work, and having his underlings
learn to sign his "originals." He is almost as famous for being a sell-out
as he is for his pots.

Leah