RE: 60 Minutes...GAG!

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 20:02:08 PST

Not to through a custard pie, but I have to disagree. We have a Kincaid
gallery in our mall (I know! GAG!) that does great business.

We also have an annual Fine Arts Festival every Spring that allows artists
to sell original works from a booth or through a juried gallery. Artists
also take time to demonstrate their techniques to try to educate the public
about what it takes to create art. Guess what? This festival gets smaller
every year from lack of community support. Their is talk of discontinuing
it.

It's not that people are starved for art, it's more like they're guillable
sheep. One of their neighbors gets one, and they have to have one too. It's
all in the marketing.

Donald Peters