Re: 60 Minutes...GAG!

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 11:03:53 PST

I have to chime in - I'm old and I have seen lots of "popular" artists get
rich on prints and related junk - Leroy Niemann comes to mind with his
sports paintings and prints but there have been others. In the LOOOONG
view, they will not be our models and in our art history books - the art
has no depth. Kinkade's art is particularly offensive in the way that he
sets up shop in every strip mall and so reaches into the far end of
suburbia where little other art is seen by my students.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---