Re: Kincade, my turn!

---------

From: griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 09:15:37 PST

His paintings are 'pretty', they don't make me wonder, they don't awe me or keep me looking, in fact, I don't even think about his use of any artistic elements when I look at them because they are so damn boring.

Karen, one of the couples who was interviewed spoke to this exactly...to them, the little cottage with the smoke coming out made them wonder about the who, why, and so on, and made them feel "soft & fuzzy", when they comtemplated the pics.
So maybe for some people, these pics fill a void, it just made me sad that these trite images were being touted to such a degree as fine art.
Charlotte
griswald@telis.org
rexfree_99@yahoo.com

---