Alternatives to the classroom

---------

From: Neal Rosenblum (nrose757_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 20:38:18 PST

I am an elementary classroom teacher who has used so much of your
marvelous ideas in the classroom to teach science, and writing, etc.
Yet, now with standards and getting the children ready for testing in 3rd
grade, I have been asked to push aside all of the creativity, art, drama,
and storytelling. I am now looking for alternatives; out of the
school/classroom.

Does anyone have any ideas where someone with such a penchant for the
arts and creativity with 11 years of classroom teaching behind him can
go? Can begin looking for ideas?

Thanks,
Neal in Boulder,CO

---