RE: Encaustic

---------

From: Kathy Tickner (ktickner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 15:45:01 PST

I just went and purchased a set of inexpensive brushes (30 of them), it cost
me about $35, and I only use them for encaustic. At the end of each day, I
have a couple of my most responsible students, "iron" them between sheets of
newspaper to iron out the wax. You must keep moving them around on the
newspaper, to a clean section, so the wax is absorbed from the brushes. You
can get about 90% of the wax off the brushes. I only use these brushes for
wax and nothing else. Q-tips sound fine, although I have never tried that.
Good luck.
Kathy T.