clay animation

---------

From: Berg, Renee (Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 12:17:23 PST

Fellow art educators,
I am sitting here at home, while we get dumped on. There must be a foot of
snow out there and more still coming down. Beautiful. School is canceled and
I'm taking advantage of it to write a grant and plan my clay animation unit.
I've never done it before and am looking for any advise. I ordered the
tech4learning kit on clay animation and am putting kids in 6 groups of
three. I'm showing them Wallace and gromit and Chicken run. Then we will
discuss, character development, plot and setting. I need help in deciding a
theme. I've thought of letting them choose a theme or develop a character on
their own, personify an inanimate object and write a poem with it, redesign
the school character,( which is a corn cob, yes you read it write. His name
is cornelius.), re create a fairytale character and rewrite the plot. Any
other ideas? We still need to keep it simple, we have 4 weeks, of class to
do it in. Any techniqual hints are welcome. We will using digital cameras
and saving on gateways, then using Spin Photo Object software to animate (
it came with the kit).
Thanks,
Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools
P.S. Sorry, I'm an idiot sometimes. I tried to sent an attachment last
week, for a design worksheet I created to go with the mundi design website.
I will post it on my website instead, later this week.
 http://www.teachers.k12.sd.us/rb043

---