Re: 60 Minutes...GAG!

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 03:01:00 PST

I too saw the 60 Minutes piece -- even my 83 year old father was rolling his
eyes.

I my wildest dreams I hope that Kincade is some kind of great artist using
all of this as a means to some incredible art statement but,
what he is, is a brilliant marketer and ain't that the American way.

Unfortunately, the American public is art ignorant. Hopefully as more and
art education programs adopt Standards we can overcome some of the
ignorance. I just won't let my kids say "Art is anything I want it to be."
If art is everything then it's also nothing.

Patty

---