One Point Perspective Lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 19:43:24 PST

I think the most fun lesson I have seen using perspective is Bunki Kramer's
boxes:
http://ww2.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/faculty/Kramer/1_point_perspective.htm

Little ones will have a hard time getting the perspective right --- but
most will be able to use the parallel line approach. I bet most of your
students have made a 3-D looking box by connecting two over lapping
squares.

I introduced one point perspective one day. Students drew boxes above -
on - and below the horizon line..... and then as a free time activity
during our next unit, I put copies of Bunki's students' work out. My
students had fun experimenting (had all sorts of critters crawling in and
out) -- without my instruction. Of course the results were not any ways
near as good as Bunki's kids.

Web resources for older kids:
http://www.wlwv.k12.or.us/stafford/Art%20Literacy/artlit/artlit_renaissance
.htm