Re: MS and vision problems

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 18:08:26 PST

    As another list member noted, ms that originates from the brain stem can
cause vision problems. Often this is a case of nystagmus, involuntary eye
movements that can cause blurred vision. Sometimes the person can also
have vertigo. I agree that talking with the parents, the student and school
nurse would be a good idea to help you plan accomodating lessons for the
student as needed. If you would like more info on nystagmus and its
connection to MS, please contact me off list. I belong to a nystagmus
support list group and can post a question for you regarding this topic.

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

on 11/21/01 10:49 PM, Guywpencil@aol.com at Guywpencil@aol.com wrote:

> I don't know much about multiple-sclerosis. How would this effect a high
> school art student?

---