End Goals vs. Learning Process

---------

From: Jerry Krasnesky (ceskras_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 14:50:48 PST

Subject line sort of sums it up...and in the workshop I attended the
presenter spoke to this very reaction. We ALWAYS feel put upon or stressed
out when someone in the 'know' tells us what ELSE we should be doing in our
classrooms...point we need to see is that OF COURSE we are trained & have
experience in knowing the criteria but it's for that very reason we MUST
help others (kids or not) learn. IF we covet criteria then a student's
success or failure becomes entirely up to US...we have to give them the
tools to do that independently...that is, afterall the overall goal of
education. D

---