Rubric/Assessment/Davies

---------

From: Jerry Krasnesky (ceskras_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 14:44:30 PST

Rubric developmentA superb analogy Anne Davies gives in her workshop is one related to golfing. The hole (goal/grade 'A+', etc.) is clearly marked by a flag. If the golfer (student) cannot see the flag (criteria) the golfer sure has a heck of a time getting to the hole! The flag doesn't make getting the ball in the hole any easier or give the golfer any shortcuts, the golfer still must execute his/her best effort in order to get to the hole but they MUST know where they're going!