It is time to remember one of "our own"

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 12:26:13 PST

I recently heard from one of our list members that she is suffering from a
rare form of cancer --- and has had symptoms for about a year. Let us
remember T.S. in our prayers. I will not share her name unless she tells me
it is OK --- But we have learned from past experience that prayer works. We
are like "family" on this list -- and T.S. is like a "sister" to me.

This is briefly what she sent to me:

"They think I have something called carcinoid tumors. They secrete hormones
into the body which cause the above symptoms (edited out) and damage to
whatever area of your body that they attack. The good news is: they are
very slow growing. The bad news is: they are so rare hardly any doctors
know anything about them. On January 2, I am seeing a doctor in New
Orleans. I am hoping he can pin down the diagnosis and give me a treatment
plan. All I know at this point is that a test showed tumor activity behind
my breast bone in the chest area, could be lung, heart, or thymus or lymph
system. They also found elevated blood levels for these tumors. Until I go
to New Orleans, I won't know any more."

Back to Judy again --- If anyone else has concerns that you want the list
to know --but are uneasy about posting yourself, please let me know (I will
keep names out unless you tell me it is OK to post). Here is some
information about carcinoid cancer: http://www.tirgan.com/carcino.htm

Judy Decker

---