Re: Rubric development

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 11:25:13 PST

No slamming ...rubrics, assessment, and the amount of input generated by
students is something that each of us must define for ourselves and our
own situations. Because I place so much value on the assessment
process, I take the time from my frenetic schedule (seven 45-minute
classes per day) to include student contributions to
evaluation/assessment. It becomes easier as the year moves on and kids
come to expect this from me.

My way of thinking is that this is not "one more thing to do"; rather,
it is a different way of conducting my business of teaching and
assessing the depth of student knowing.

Pam

gregjuli@execpc.com wrote:

> A lot of what is said about student input on rubrics sounds great. But in my
> real world of art class time, it would be nuts to try to squeeze in one more
> thing! ... but bottom line aren't we the ones who are
> suppose to be trained to decide criteria for an assignment? Somehow I feel
> some slamming coming on for that comment, but it gets frustrating trying to
> find time to do more and more.
> maryb

---