Re: Rubric replies

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 06:48:10 PST

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:

>While I'm confessing here, I have to admit that I was very reluctant to post
>anything let alone go waaaay out on a limb & throw out my idea about
>involving kids in the making of rubrics...well, 2 replies & I haven't been
>shredded but I suppose there's always next time. Thanks for not being
>intolerant and condescending! (What a pathetic thing to be grateful
>for...?!) D

I don't know how far out on a limb you are- my district art coordinator is
suggesting, training, nudging and prodding all us art teachers to do just that-
develop rubrics for individual projects with the kids. Time is an issue
because elementary classes are so short, but since we typically have at least
three classes working the same project, they can all three work on the same
rubric instead of going through the whole thing with each class. So far I am
only doing criteria charts with my classes- haven't taken the time yet for
developing a rubric. I'm sure it will be a good investment of time because
they will get better and quicker at it, and then all will benefit from having a
rubric to refer to.

---