Rubric replies

---------

From: Jerry Krasnesky (ceskras_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 19:01:35 PST

Right! I sort of thought I'd summarize all of my ideas about 'famous'
pieces or pieces you've shown/discussed/analyzed, etc. and just put 'good'
in loose quotes. I always bring it up that 'good' art is a subjective
thing...I tell the kids that we can really like a piece of art or we can
appreciate the artistic elements in a piece of art...basically, even though
you may not want the piece displayed in your home you can still see the
value in any piece of art. Often I find that after we do a more in depth
look at a piece the kids do appreciate a piece they may not have 'liked' to
begin with.

Have to admit, I LOVE TEACHING ART! I am in no way, shape or form an expert
or an artist but guess you could say I'm full of appreciation too! :-)

While I'm confessing here, I have to admit that I was very reluctant to post
anything let alone go waaaay out on a limb & throw out my idea about
involving kids in the making of rubrics...well, 2 replies & I haven't been
shredded but I suppose there's always next time. Thanks for not being
intolerant and condescending! (What a pathetic thing to be grateful
for...?!) D

---