Money can't buy happiness?

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 14:30:28 PST

Ha! --depends on what makes you happy (tee-hee)... I just bought myself a
gift today to hang in my family room -- sure makes me pretty happy. It is a
steel drum piece from Haiti. A long horizontal piece with 11 angel
cut-outs ---and 7 star cut-outs (and only I know how important those
numbers are --- Funny thing is, I didn't count them until I got home --Ah,
the purchase was "meant to be").

I tired to buy my son a new hard drive and new CD Burner along with some
RAM ---but oddly, the store was out of all three (even though advertised in
yesterday's paper)-- Will check online for those. So far this
"day-after-Thanksgiving" I have gotten away with spending very little
money.

And...now for a plug for Ten Thousand Villages Shops -- Check for one in
your area. They are run by the Mennonite Church (primarily by volunteers).
They feature hand made goods from all over the world. Everything is top
quality and very reasonably priced. I was soooo tempted to pick up some
more African instruments. The Et Cetera shop in Bluffton, Ohio just got in
some beautiful Haitian steel drum work for the holiday season (although my
angels will be up year round).

Well -- off to dinner with friends this evening,

Judy Decker

---