Re: No Subject

---------

From: Frances Marze (fmaiu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 05:59:28 PST

My; husband has had ms for over 25 years and the disease affects people
differently. Usually the average age to be found or diagnosed is 20-40.
A hs student may or may not have trouble walking or with a limb being
paralyzed depending on whether the problem is the scarred tissue is in the
brain stem or in the spine. If in brain stem it might cause blindness or
speech problems; if int he spine-paralysis or difficulty walking, using
arms. THis is what is so frustrating is that everyone reacts differently. My
husband is in a nursing home now and is paralyzed on one side but can still
be understood and can converse. he has problems with infection now which is
causing a lot of trouble. He has had at least 5 different UTI
since July and two blood transfusions.

Other people have little symptoms. See the nurse for your student or contact
the National Multiple Sclerosis Society office; there is one in all large
cities. If you need more info.let me know. Fran